Let's talk about self love!
Let’s talk about self-love! <3
When was the last time you felt truly confident with yourself?
What thoughts do you have towards your body, your performance, your life?
Do your daily thoughts tear you down or empower you to be better?
LOVE YOURSELF TO REACH YOUR DREAMS
We believe that self-love gives you the strength and courage to pursue your dreams in life. When you love yourself, you recognize your worth and prioritize your needs to be the person you want to be.
We caught up with self-love expert Kayla Anderson and asked a few questions about self-love!
What does self-love mean to you?
- At the core of our being we are and always have been love. However, our life experiences and society can teach us otherwise. Self-love is coming back to that core knowing how truly worthy we are. We then can influence all other parts of our lives, and the lives of others in a positive, high vibe way.
Why is self-love important?
- We are conditioned to have doubt, which is reflected in our lives and affects the relationship we have with our bodies. Am I good enough? Can I do this? Believe you are not enough and you will lack the desire to eat well and exercise. Self-love is the foundation of everything. You will never rise higher in the world than the way you see yourself.
Who should practice self-love?
- Everyone. If you are wondering whether you should begin practicing it, ask yourself this:
- Are you ready to feel good about who you are?
- Do you desire walking along the beach in a bikini without any doubt?
- Do you wish to be free from thoughts that bring you down?
- Do you want to feel good enough for the jobs, relationships, friendships and life you desire?
If you answered YES to any of the above, then self-love is for you and it is going to change your life forever.
Kayla’s top 5 tips on how to practice self-love:
- Positive Self-Talk - Loving yourself means changing your current belief systems to more empowering ones. Begin a daily practice where you stand in front of the mirror and say positive affirmations to yourself, such as “I am worthy” or “I am enough”.
- Journaling - Awareness of our thoughts and emotions is a key part of self-love as it gives you an opportunity to express emotions, dream up new visions and gain self-awareness. When journaling you welcome in all parts of yourself rather than pushing them away. My go-to journal prompt for self-awareness is: What are the 5 things my higher self is doing that I am not currently doing? This offers an opportunity to explore [your current] beliefs, create new ones, and move forward from a place of love.
- Self-Care - When practicing self-love you accept and nurture the internal and external parts of you. Hence, self-care is more than getting your nails done or having a massage. It is honouring your feelings, taking rests, reading a book, spending time with people you love, going to a Yoga class and so much more.
- Self-expression - This one is my favourite! Often when we lack self-love, we are shying away from things we love doing. My question for you is: how can you express yourself more? How can you lean in to the fun, quirky parts of you and let them be free? For me, this was dancing! Through adulthood, I would only dance when I was drunk until I discovered it was because I was so embarrassed about being seen. Since this realisation I now express myself freely and it feels amazing.
- Daily Ritual - Creating a daily self-love ritual for yourself is extremely powerful. When was the last time you took a moment to truly honour and appreciate who you are? You can use the above tips to create yours. My ritual usually includes moving my body, Yoga, gratitude, journaling, positive affirmations and meditation to create a kind, supportive mind.